Short title and extent
(1) This Act may be called the Poisons Act, 1919.3[(2) It extends to the whole of India:that it shall not apply to the State of Jammu and Kashmir except to th...
Power of the State Government to regulate possession for sale and sale of any poison
(1) 4[***] The 5[State Government] may by rule regulate within the whole or any part of the territories under its administration the possession for the sale a...
Power to prohibit importation into
India of any poison except under license
The 6[Central Government] may, by notification in the 7[Official Gazette], prohibit, except under and in accordance with the conditions of a license, the impo...
Power to regulate possession of any poison in certain areas
(1) The 5[State Government] 4[***] may by rule regulate the possession of any specified poison in any local area in which the use of such poison for the purpo...
Presumption as to specified poisons
Any substance specified as a poison in a rule made or notification issued under this Act shall be deemed to be a poison for the purposes of this Act. ...
Penalty for unlawful importation, etc.
(1) Whoever-(a) commits a breach of any rule made under section 2, or(b) imports 10[***] without a license 9[into 8[India] across a customs frontier defined b...
Power to issue search warrants
(1) The District Magistrate, the Sub-divisional Magistrate and, in a Presidency-town, the Commissioner of Police, may issue a warrant for the search of any pl...
(1) In addition to any other power to make rules hereinbefore conferred 11[***] the 5[State Government] may make rules generally to carry out the purposes and...
(1) Nothing in this Act or in any license granted or rule made thereunder shall extend to, or interfere with, anything done in good faith in the exercise of h...
|10||Repeal of Act 1 of 1904-Repealed by the Repealing Act, 1927|
1 The Act has been extended to Berar by the Berar Laws Act, 1941 (4 of 1941), to Laccadive, Minicoy and Aminidivi Islands with effect from 1st October, 1967,...