Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act,1998.(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central G...
Declaration of National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research as an institution of national importance
Whereas the objects of the institution known as the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector-67, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali), district ...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-(a) "appointed day" means the date of establishment of the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education a...
Establishment of Institute
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint, the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Educa...
Vesting of properties
On and from the appointed day, subject to the other provisions of this Act, all properties which had vested in the Society, immediately before the commencemen...
Effect of incorporation of Institute
On and from the appointed day,-(a) any reference to the Society in any contract or other instrument shall be deemed as a reference to the Institute;(b) all the...
The Functions of Institute
The functions of the Institute shall be-(i) to nurture and promote quality and excellence in pharmaceutical education and research;(ii) to concentrate on cours...
Powers of Board
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board shall be responsible for the general superintendence, direction and control of the affairs of the Institu...
Institute to be open to all races, creeds and classes
(1) The Institute shall be open to persons of either sex and of whatever race, creed, caste or class, and no test or condition shall be imposed as to religiou...
Teaching at Institute
All teaching at the Institute shall be conducted by or in the name of the Institute in accordance with the Statutes and the Ordinances made in this behalf....
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the Institute.(2) The Visitor may appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the Instit...
Authorities of Institute
The following shall be the other authorities of the Institute, namely:-(a) a Senate;(b) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the au...
The Senate of the Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:-(a) the Director, ex officio, who shall be the Chairperson of the Senate;(b) the D...
Functions of Senate
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, the Senate of the Institute shall have the control and general regulation, and be resp...
Functions powers and duties of Chairperson
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Board and at the Convocations of the Institute.(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson ...
(1) The Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Board with the prior approval of the Visitor.(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and ...
(1) The Dean of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall exercise such powers and perform s...
(1) The Registrar of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, ...
Powers and duties of other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers, other than those hereinbefore mentioned, shall be determined by the Statutes....
Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the Institute to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by P...
Fund of Institute
(1) The Institute shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited-(a) all moneys provided by the Central Government;(b) all fees and other charges;(c) all ...
Setting up of endowment fund
Notwithstanding anything contained in section 21, the Central Government may direct the Institute to-(a) set up an endowment fund and any other fund for speci...
Accounts and audit
(1) The Institute shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts, including the balance-sheet, in such ...
Pension and provident fund
(1) The Institute shall constitute, for the benefit of its employees, including the Director, in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescr...
All appointments of the staff of the Institute, except that of the Director, shall be made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Statutes-(a) by t...
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-(a) the formation of departments of teaching;(...
Statutes how made
(1) The first Statutes of the Institute shall be framed by the Board with the previous approval of the Visitor and a copy of the same shall be laid as soon as...
Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances of the Institute may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely;(a) the ad...
Ordinances how made
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date ...
Tribunal of Arbitration
(1) Any dispute arising out of a contract between the Institute and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of...
Acts and proceedings not to be invalidated by vacancies
No act of the Institute or Board or Senate or any other body set up under this Act or the Statutes, shall be invalid merely by reason of-(a) any vacancy in, o...
Grant of degrees, etc., by Institute
Notwithstanding anything contained in the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or in any other law for the time being in force, the Institute shall have pow...
Whenever the Institute receives funds from any Government, the University Grants Commission or any other agency sponsoring a scheme to be executed by the Inst...
Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such...
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act,-(a) the Board of Governors of the Society functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act ...