Short title, extent and commencement
1. Short title, extent and commencement.-This Act may be called the Lotteries (Regulation) Act, 1998.It extends to the whole of India.It shall be deeme...
2. Definitions.-In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-"bumper draw of a lottery" means a special draw of lottery co...
Prohibition of Lotteries
3. Prohibition of lotteries.-Save as otherwise provided in section 4, no State Government shall organize, conduct or promote any lottery....
Prohibition of sale of ticket in a State
5. Prohibition of sale of ticket in a State.-A State Government may, within the State, prohibit the sale of tickets of a lottery organized, conducted ...
Prohibition of organization, etc., of Lottery
6. Prohibition of organization, etc., of lottery.-The Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, prohibit a lottery ...
7. Penalty.-Where a lottery is organized, conducted or promoted after the date on which this Act receives the assent of the President, in contraven...
Offences to be cognizable and non - bailable
8. Offences to be cognizable and non-bailable.-The offence under this Act shall be cognizable and non-bailable....
Offences by companies
9. Offences by companies.-Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was ...
Power to give directions
10. Power to give directions.-The Central Government may give directions to the State Government as to carrying into execution in the State of any ...
Power of Central Government to make rules
11. Power of Central Government to make rules.-The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the prov...
Power of State Government to make rules
12. Power of State Government to make rules.-The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provi...
Repeal and saving
13. Repeal and saving.-The Lotteries (Regulation) Ordinance, 1998 (Ord. 6 of 1998), is hereby repealed.Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any...