Short title and commencement
1. This Act may be called the Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010.2. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by no...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--a. "Authority" means the Land Ports Authority of India constituted under section 3;b. "Chairpers...
|Chapter II||The Land Ports Authority of India|
Constitution of Authority
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, there shall be constituted an Authority to...
Disqualification for office of member
A person shall be disqualified for being appointed as a member if, he—a. has been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence, which, in the ...
Term of office and conditions of service of members
1. Subject to the provisions of section 6, every whole-time member shall hold office for a period of five years from the date on which he assumes office...
Vacation of office of members
The Central Government shall remove a member if, he-a. becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in section 4:Provided that no member s...
Eligibility of member for reappointment
Any person ceasing to be a member shall, unless disqualified under section 4, be eligible for re-appointment....
1. The Authority shall meet at such times and places, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings ...
Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of Authority
No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalid merely by reason of--a. any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; orb. ...
Officers and other employees of Authority
1. For the purpose of enabling it to efficiently discharge its functions under this Act, the Authority shall appoint such number of officers and other e...
|Chapter III||Functions of Authority|
Functions of Authority
1. Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Authority shall have powers to develop, sanitize and manage the facilities for cross border movement of pas...
Responsibilities and powers of other agencies
1. The respective border guarding forces deployed at the borders of India shall be responsible for security around an integrated check post.2. The ...
|Chapter IV||Property and Contract|
Assets and liabilities to vest in Authority
1. On the date of notification issued under clause (d) of section 2, all such assets, rights, powers, authorities and privileges and such property movab...
General effect of vesting of undertakings in Authority
All contracts, agreements and working arrangements subsisting immediately before the date of notification issued under clause (d) of section 2, and affecting ...
Guarantee to be operative
Any guarantee given for or in favour of land customs stations or immigration check posts with respect to a loan, lease or finance shall continue to be operat...
Compulsory acquisition of land for Authority
Any land required by the Authority for the discharge of its functions under this Act shall be deemed to be needed for a public purpose and such land may be ac...
Contracts by Authority
Subject to the provisions of section 18, the Authority shall be competent to enter into and perform any contract necessary for the discharge of its functions ...
Mode of executing contracts on behalf of Authority
1. Every contract on behalf of the Authority, shall be made by the Chairperson or such officer of the Authority as may be generally or specially empowere...
|Chapter V||Finance, Accounts and Audit|
Power of Authority to charge fees, rent, etc.
The Authority may, determine and charge such fees or rent, not being a statutory levy under any other Act, as may be provided by regulations, separately for e...
Additional capital and grant to Authority by Central Government
The Central Government may, after the appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf,--a. provide any capital that may be required by the Author...
Fund of Authority and its investment
a. The Authority shall establish its own fund and all receipts of the Authority shall be credited thereto and all payments by the Authority shall be made...
Allocation of surplus funds
1. The Authority may, from time to time, set apart such amounts as it thinks fit, as a reserve fund or funds for the purpose of expanding existing facili...
Submission of programme of activities and financial estimates
The Authority shall, before the commencement of each financial year prepare a statement of the programme of its activities during the forthcoming financial ye...
Borrowing powers of Authority
1. The Authority may, with the consent of the Central Government or in accordance with the terms of any general or special authority given to it by the C...
Accounts and audit
1. The Authority shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the profit and loss acco...
Submission of annual report
1. The Authority shall, as soon as may be, after the end of each financial year, prepare and submit to the Central Government in such form as may be pres...
The Authority may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to the Chairperson or any other member or to any officer of the Authority, subject to such...
Authentication of orders and other instruments of Authority
All orders and decisions of the Authority shall be authenticated by the signature of the Chairperson or any other member authorised by the Authority in this b...
Officers and employees of Authority to be public servants
All officers and employees of Authority shall, while acting or purporting to act in pursuance of the provisions of this Act or of any rule or regulation made ...
Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Authority or any member or any officer or other employee of the Authority for anything wh...
Custody and disposal of lost property
Subject to such regulations as the Authority may make in this behalf, the Authority shall provide for securing the safe custody and restoration of any propert...
Power of Central Government to supersede Authority
1. If, at any time, the Central Government is of opinion--a. that on account of a grave emergency, the Authority is unable to discharge the functions...
Power of Central Government to issue directions
1. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this Act, the Authority shall, in the discharge of its functions and duties under this Act, be bound ...
Power to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.2. In particular and...
Power to make regulations
1. The Authority may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made there unde...
Rules, regulations and notifications to be laid before Parliament
Every rule and every regulation made or notification issued under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament,...
Power to remove difficulties
1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by general or special order published in the Offi...