Short title, extent and application
(1) This Act may be called the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946. (2) It extends to l[the whole of India.] 2[(3) It applies to every industria...
In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context- 4[(a) "appellate authority" means an authority appointed by the appropriate governm...
Submission of draft standing orders
(1) Within six months from the date on which this Act becomes applicable to an industrial establishment, the employer shall submit to the Certifying Officer f...
Conditions for certification of standing orders
Standing orders shall be certifiable under this Act if- (a) provision is made therein for every matter set out in the Schedule which is applicable to the indus...
Certification of standing orders
(1) On receipt of the draft under section 3, the Certifying Officer shall forward a copy thereof to the trade union, if any, of the workmen, or where there is...
(1) 6[Any employer, workmen, trade union or other prescribed representatives of the workmen] aggrieved by the order of the Certifying Officer under sub-sectio...
Date of operation of standing orders
Standing orders shall, unless an appeal is preferred under section 6, come into operation on the expiry of thirty days from the date on which authenticated co...
Register of standing orders
A copy of all standing orders as finally certified under this Act shall be field by the Certifying Officer in a register in the prescribed form maintained for...
Costing of standing orders
The text of the standing order as finally certified under this Act shall be prominently posted by the employer in English and in the language understood by th...
Duration and modification of standing orders
(1) Standing orders finally certified under this Act shall not, except on agreement between the employer and the workmen, 9[or a trade union or other represen...
Payment of subsistence allowance
(1) Where any workmen is suspended by the employer pending investigation or inquiry into complaints or charge of misconduct against him, the employer shall p...
Certifying Officers and appellate authorities to have powers of civil court
(1) Every Certifying Officer and appellate authority shall have all the powers of a civil court for the proposes of receiving evidence, administering oaths, e...
Oral evidence in contradiction of standing orders not admissible
No oral evidence having the effect of adding to or otherwise varying or contradicting standing order as finally certified under this Act shall be admitted in ...
Temporary application of model standing orders
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in sections 3 to 12, for the period commencing on the date on which this Act becomes applicable to an industrial estab...
Penalties and procedure
(1) An employer who fails to submit draft standing orders as required by section 3, or who modifies his standing orders otherwise than in accordance with sect...
Interpretation, etc., of standing orders
If any question arises as to the application or interpretation of a standing order certified under this Act, any employer or workman 9[or a trade union or ot...
Act not to apply to certain industrial establishments
Nothing in this Act shall apply to an industrial establishment insofar as the workmen employed therein are persons to whom the Fundamental and Supplementary ...
Power to exempt
The appropriate government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, exempt, conditionally or unconditionally, any industrial establishment or class of in...
Delegation of powers
The appropriate government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, direct that any power exercisable by it under this Act or any rules made thereunder s...
Power to make rules
(1) The appropriate government may, after previous publication, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act. (2)...
|Schedule||Matters To Be Provided In Standing Orders Under This Act|
|Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Central Rules , 1946|
Model Standing Orders In Respect Of Industrial Establishments Not Being Industrial Establishments In Coal Mines
These orders shall come into force on ________________________ Classification of workmen. (a) Workmen shall be classified as, (1) permanent, (2) probationers,...
Model Standing Orders For Industrial Establishments In Coal Mines
These orders shall come into force on ___________________________ In these orders, unless the context otherwise requires- (a) "attendance" means presence of ...
Model Standing Orders On Additional Items Applicable To All Industries
Matters relating to service card, token tickets, certification of service, change of residential address of workers and record of age. (i) Service card: Every...
[Section 3] Dated ___19 To The Certifying Officer [Vide Notification No. LR 11(98) dated 25-7-1953] (Area/place) Sir, Under the provisions of section 3 of the I...
[Section 5] Officer of the Certifying Officer for _____________ area/place _____________ Dated the________19___ I,_____________, certifying officer ___________...
[Section 8] INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENT Sl. No __________ Date of the dispatch of the copy of Standing Orders authenticated under section 5 for the first time Dat...
[Rule 7A(1)] (To be furnished in respect of each clause appealed against, separately) (1) Draft of the Standing Order under appeal as submitted by the employ...
[Sch. I, Order 7A] Name of employer ____________ Address _________________ Dated the ________ day of_____ 19 ____ In accordance with Standing Order No ________...
[Order 1] Name of Estt. /Factory/Ticket/Token No. 1. Register Serial No. 2. Name 3. Specimen signature/Thumb impression. 4. Father’s or Husband’s Name 5. Sex 6...