Short title, extent and commencement
(l) This Act may be called the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970.(2) It extends to the whole of India.(3) It shall come into force in a State on such ...
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,(a) "approved institution" means a teaching institution, health centre or hospital recognized by a Un...
Constitution of Central Council
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette constitute for the purposes of this Act a Central Council consisting of the followin...
Mode of election
(1) An election under clause (a) or clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 3 shall be conducted by the Central Government in accordance with such rules as m...
Restriction on elections and membership
(1) No person shall be eligible for election to the Central Council unless he possesses any of the medical qualifications included in the Second, Third or Fou...
Incorporation of Central Council
The Central Council shall be a body corporate by the name of Central Council of Indian Medicine having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to a...
Term of office of President, Vice-President and members of Central Council
(1) The President, a Vice-President or a member of the Central Council shall hold office for a term of five years from the date of his election or nomination,...
Meeting of Central Council
(1) The Central Council shall meet at least once in each year at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Council.(2) Unless otherwise prescribe...
Committees for Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani
(1) The Central Council shall constitute from amongst its members,-(a) a committee for Ayurveda;(b) a committee for Siddha; and(c) a committee for Unani,and...
The Central Council may constitute from amongst its members such other committees for general or special purposes as the Central Council deems necessary to ca...
Meetings of committees
(1) The committees constituted under section 9 and 10 shall meet at least once in each year at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Council....
Officers and other employees of Central Council
The Central Council shall-(a) appoint a Registrar who shall act as Secretary and who may also, if deemed expedient, act as Treasurer;(b) employ such other pe...
Vacancies in the Central Council and committees thereof not to invalidate acts, etc.
No act or proceeding of the Central Council or any committee thereof shall be called in question on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or a...
|Chapter III||Recognition Of Medical Qualifications|
Recognition of medical qualifications granted by certain medical institutions in India
(1) The medical qualifications granted by any University, Board or other medical institution in India which are included in the Second Schedule shall be recog...
Recognition of medical qualifications granted by certain medical institutions whose qualifications are not included in Second Schedule
The medical qualifications included in the Third Schedule granted to a citizen of India before the 15th day of August, 1947, by any medical institution in any...
Recognition of medical qualifications granted by medical institutions in countries with which there is a scheme of reciprocity
(1) The medical qualifications granted by medical institutions outside India which are included in the Fourth Schedule shall be recognized medical qualificati...
Rights of persons possessing qualifications included in Second, Third and Fourth Schedules to be enrolled
(1) Subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, any medical qualification. included in the Second, Third or Fourth Schedule shall be sufficient qua...
Power to require information as to courses of study and examination
Every University, Board or medical institution in India which grants a recognized medical qualification shall furnish such information as the Central Council ...
Inspectors at examinations
(1) The Central Council shall appoint such number of medical inspectors as it may deem requisite to inspect any medical college, hospital or other institution...
Visitors at examinations
(1) The Central Council may appoint such number or visitors as it may deem requisite to inspect any medical college, hospital or other institution where educa...
Withdrawal of recognition
(1) When upon report by the inspector or the visitor, it appears to the Central Council-(a) that the courses of study and examination to be undergone in, or t...
Minimum standards of education in Indian medicine
(1) The Central Council may prescribe the minimum standards of education in Indian medicine, required for granting recognized medical qualifications by Univer...
|Chapter IV||The Central Register Of Indian Medicine|
The Central Register of Indian Medicine
(1) The Central Council shall cause to be maintained in the prescribed manner, a register of practitioners in separate parts for each of the system of Indian ...
Supply of copies of State Register of Indian Medicine
Each Board shall supply to the Central Council three printed copies of the State Register of Indian Medicine as soon as may be after the commencement of this ...
Registration in the Central Register of Indian Medicine
The Register of the Central Council may on receipt of the report of registration of a person in a State Register of Indian Medicine or on application made in ...
(1) The Central Council may prescribe standards of professional conduct and etiquette and a code of ethics for practitioners of Indian medicine.(2) Regulation...
Removal of names from the central Register of Indian Medicine
(1) If the name of any person enrolled on a State Register of Indian Medicine is removed there from in pursuance of any power conferred by or under any law re...
Provisional registration for practice
If the course of study to be undergone for obtaining a recognized medical qualification in Indian Medicine include a period of training after a person has pas...
Privileges of persons who are enrolled on the Central Register of Indian Medicine
Subject to the conditions and restrictions laid down in this Act regarding practice of Indian medicine by persons possessing certain recognized medical qualif...
Registration of additional qualifications
(1) If any person whose name is entered in the Central Register of Indian Medicine obtains any title, diploma or other qualification for proficiency in Indian...
Persons enrolled on Central Register of Indian Medicine to notify change of place of residence and practice
Every person registered in the Central Register of Indian Medicine shall notify any transfer of the place of his residence or practice to the Central Council ...
Information to be furnished by Central Council and publication thereof
(1) The Central Council shall furnish such reports, copies of its minutes, abstracts of its accounts, and other information to the Central Government as that ...
Commission of inquiry
(1) Whenever it is made to appear to the Central Government that the Central Council is not complying with any of the provisions of this Act, the Central Gove...
Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Government, the Central Council or a Board or any committee thereof or any officer or ser...
Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.(2) Every rule made under this section...
Power to make regulations
3[(1) The Central Council, may, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, 3[by notification in the Official Gazette,] make regulations generally t...
1. Provisions of Sections 2, 13, 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 came into force in the whole of India and provisions of Sections 3, 5 to 12 (bot...