Short title and commencement
1. This Act may be called the Indian Council of World Affairs Act, 2001. 2. Save as otherwise provided in this Act, it shall be deemed to have come ...
Declaration of the Indian Council of World Affairs as institution of national importance
Whereas the objects of the Indian Council of World Affairs, a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) are such as to make t...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- a. "appointed day" means the date of commencement of this Act; b. "Chairperson" means the Chair...
Incorporation of the Council
1. The Indian Council of World Affairs is hereby constituted as a body corporate by the name of the Indian Council of World Affairs and as such body corp...
Transfer of assets and liabilities of the existing Council to the Council
1. On and from the appointed day,- a. all properties and other assets vested in the existing Council immediately before that day, shall vest in the ...
Obligation to transfer property or assets
1. Every person having possession, custody or control of property forming part of the properties and other assets referred to in clause (a) of sub-sectio...
Composition of the Council
1. On and from the 1st day of September, 2001 and until the appointment of date under sub-section (2), the Council shall consist of the following members...
Term of office and vacancies among members
1. Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member shall be three years from the date of his nomination. 2. The term of ...
Powers and functions of President
The President shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as are laid down in this Act or as may be prescribed by rules....
Powers and functions of Vice-Presidents
The Vice-Presidents shall exercise such of the powers and perform such of the functions of the President as may be prescribed by rules or as may be delegated ...
Allowances of members
Members shall receive such allowances, if any, from the Council as may be prescribed by rules....
Meetings of Council
The Council shall hold its first meeting at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Government and shall observe such rules of procedure in reg...
Objects of Council
The objects of the Council shall be- a. to promote the study of Indian and international affairs so as to develop a body of informed opinion on internat...
Governing Body and other committees of Council
1. There shall be a Governing Body of the Council which shall be constituted by the Council. 2. The Governing Body shall be the executive committee...
Staff of Council
1. There shall be a chief executive officer of the Council who shall be designated as the Director-General and shall be appointed by the Council. 2. ...
Functions of Council
The Council shall undertake various plans to promote, organise and implement various programmes for efficiently achieving the objects of the Council specified...
Payment to Council
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Council in each financial year such sums as may be c...
Fund of Council
1. The Council shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited to- a. all moneys received from the Central Government; b. all moneys received by...
Budget of Council
The Council shall prepare, in such form and at such time every year, as may be prescribed by rules, a budget in respect of the financial year next ensuing, sh...
Accounts and audit
1. The Council shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance-sheet in such ...
The Council shall prepare every year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed by rules, an annual report giving a true and full account of its acti...
Authentication of orders and instruments of Council
All orders and decisions of the Council shall be authenticated by the signature of the President or the Vice-President and all other instruments issued by the...
Vacancy, etc. not to invalidate proceedings of the Council
No act or proceeding of the Council, Governing Body or any standing or ad hoc committee under this Act shall be invalid merely by reason of- a. any vaca...
Reports, returns and information
The Council shall furnish to the Central Government such reports, returns and other information as that Government may require from time to time....
Power to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act. 2. In particular and wi...
Power to make regulations
1. The Council may make regulations consistent with the provisions of this Act and the rules to carry out the provisions of this Act. 2. In particu...
Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament
Every rule and every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session...
Power to remove difficulties
1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make ...
Repeal and saving
1. The Indian Council of World Affairs (Second) Ordinance, 2001 (Ord. 3 of 2001) is hereby repealed. 2. Notwithstanding the repeal of the said Ordi...