Short title and extent
1. This Act may be called the Immigration (Carriers' Liability) Act, 2000. 2. It extends to the whole of India. ...
1. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- a. " carrier" means a person who is engaged in the business of transporting passengers by wa...
Liability of carriers for passengers brought into India
Where the competent authority is of the opinion that any carrier has brought a person in contravention of the provisions of the Passport (Entry into India) Ac...
1. An appeal shall lie against the order made under section 3 of this Act to the Joint Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affair...
Recovery of penalty due to Government
Where any penalty imposed under this Act is not paid, the competent authority may recover the penalty so payable by seizing, detaining or selling- a. the ...
Bar of legal proceedings
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or the competent authority or any officer of the Central Government or...
Application of Acts 16 of 1939, 34 of 1920 and 31 of 1946 not barred
The provisions of this Act and the rules made there under shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the Registration of Foreigners Act, 1939, the Pas...
Power to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act. 2. In particular and wi...
Rules to be laid before Parliament
Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period ...
Power to remove difficulties
1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, do anything not inconsistent with such ...