Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973.(2) It extends to the whole of India.(3) It shall come into force in a State on such date...
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—(a) "Board" means a Board, Council, Examining Body or Faculty of Homoeopathy (by whatever name called...
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute for the purposes of this Act a Central Council consisting of the f...
Mode of election
(1) An election under clause (a) or clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 3 shall be conducted by the Central Government in accordance with such rules as m...
Restriction on elections and membership
(1) No person shall be eligible for election to the Central Council unless he possesses any of the medical qualifications included in the Second or the Third ...
Incorporation of Central Council
The Central Council shall be a body corporate by the name of the Central Council of Homoeopathy having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to a...
Term of office of President, Vice-President and members of Central Council
(1) The President, Vice-President or a member of the Central Council shall hold office for a term of five years from the date of his election or nomination, a...
Meetings of Central Council
(1) The Central Council shall meet at least once in each year at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Council.(2) Unless otherwise prescribe...
The Executive Committee and other committees
(1) The Central Council shall constitute from amongst its members an Executive Committee and such other committees for general or special purposes as the Coun...
Meetings of committees
(1) The committees constituted under section 9 shall meet at least twice in each year at such time and place as may be appointed by the Central Council.(2) Un...
Officers and other employees of Central Council
The Central Council shall-(a) appoint a Registrar who shall also act as Secretary;(b) employ such other persons as it deems necessary to carry out the purpose...
Vacancies in the Central Council and committees thereof not to invalidate acts, etc
No act or proceeding of the Central Council or any committee thereof shall be called in question on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or a...
|Chapter III||Recognition Of Medical Qualifications|
Recognition of medical qualification granted by certain medical institutions in
(1) The medical qualifications granted by any University, Board or other medical institution in India which are included in the Second Schedule shall be recog...
Recognition of medical qualifications granted by medical institutions in States or countries outside India
(1) The medical qualifications granted by medical institutions outside India which are included in the Third Schedule shall be recognized medical qualificatio...
Rights of persons possessing qualifications included in Second or the Third Schedule to be enrolled
(1) Subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, any medical qualification included in the Second or the Third Schedule shall be sufficient qualific...
Power to require information as to courses of study and examinations
Every University, Board or medical institution in India which grants a recognized medical qualification shall furnish such information as the Central Council ...
Inspectors at examinations
(1) The Central Council shall appoint such number of medical inspectors as it may deem requisite to inspect any medical college, hospital or other institution...
Visitors at examinations
(1) The Central Council may appoint such number of visitors as it may deem requisite to inspect any medical college, hospital or other institution where educa...
Withdrawal of recognition
(1) When upon report by the inspector or the visitor, it appears to the Central Council—(a) that the courses of study and examination to be undergone in, or t...
Minimum standards of education in Homoeopathy
(1) The Central Council may prescribe the minimum standards of education in Homoeopathy, required for granting recognized medical qualifications by Universiti...
|Chapter IV||The Central Register Of Homoeopathy|
The Central Register of Homoeopathy
(1) The Central Council shall cause to be maintained in the prescribed manner, a register of practitioners of Homoeopathy to be known as the Central Register ...
Supply of copies of State Register of Homoeopathy
Each Board shall supply to the Central Council three printed copies of the State Register of Homoeopathy as soon as may be after the commencement of this Act ...
Registration in the Central Register of Homoeopathy
The Registrar of the Central Council may on receipt of the report of registration of a person in a State Register of Homoeopathy or on application made in the...
(1) The Central Council may prescribe standards of professional conduct and etiquette and a code of ethics for practitioners of Homoeopathy.(2) Regulations ma...
Removal of names from the Central Register of Homoeopathy
(1) If the name of any person enrolled on a State Register of Homoeopathy is removed there from in pursuance of any power conferred by or under any law relati...
Privileges of persons who are enrolled on the Central Register of Homoeopathy
(1) Subject to the conditions and restrictions laid down in this Act regarding practice of Homoeopathy by persons possessing certain recognized medical qualif...
Registration of additional qualifications
(1) If any person whose name is entered in the Central Register of Homoeopathy obtains any title, diploma or other qualification for proficiency in Homoeopath...
Persons enrolled on Central Register of Homoeopathy to notify change of place of residence or practice
Every person registered in the Central Register of Homoeopathy shall notify any transfer of the place of his residence or practice to the Central Council and ...
Information to be furnished by Central Council and publication thereof
(1) The Central Council shall furnish such reports, copies of its minutes, abstracts of its accounts, and other information to the Central Government as tha...
Commission of inquiry
(1) Whenever it is made to appear to the Central Government that the Central Council is not complying with any of the provisions of this Act, the Central Gove...
Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Government, the Central Council or a Board or any committee thereof or any officer or ser...
Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.(2) Every rule made under this secti...
Power to make regulations
(1) The Central Council may, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, 1[make, by notification in the official gazette regulations] generally to c...
1. Substituted for words "make regulations" by the Delegated Legislation Provisions (Amendment) Act, 1983, w.e.f. 15th. March, 1984.2. Sub-section (2) inserte...