Short title and commencement
1. These rules may be called the Foreign Trade (Regulation) Rules, 1993. 2. They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Offic...
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-a. Act, means the Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992 (22 of 1992)b. charitab...
Grant of special licence
1. Where the Importer-Exporter Code Number granted to any person has been suspended or cancelled under sub-section (1) of section 8, the Director-General...
Application for grant of licences
A person may make an application for the grant of a licence to import or export goods in accordance with the provisions of the policy or an order made under s...
1. Every application for a licence to import shall be accompanied by the fee specified in the Schedule.2. The mode of deposit of fee shall be as sp...
Conditions of licence
1. It shall be deemed to be a condition of every licence for export that: i. no person shall transfer or acquire by transfer any li...
Refusal of licence
1. The Director-General or the licensing authority may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, refuse to grant or renew a licence, if-a. the applican...
Amendment of licence
The licensing authority may of its own motion or on an application by the licensee, amend any licence, in such manner as may be necessary or to rectify any er...
Suspension of a licence
1. The Director-General or the licensing authority may, by an order in writing, suspend the operation of a licence granted to-a. any person, if an o...
Cancellation of a licence
The Director-General or the licensing authority may, by an order in writing, cancel any licence granted under these rules, if-a. the licence has been ob...
Declaration as to value and quality of imported goods
On the importation into, or exportation out of, any customs ports of any goods, whether liable to duty or not, the owner of such goods shall, in the bill of e...
Declaration as to importer-exporter code number
On the importation into, or exportation out of, any customs port of any goods, the importer or exporter shall, in the bill of entry or shipping bill or, as th...
Utilisation of imported goods
1. No person shall use any imported goods allotted to him by the State Trading Corporation of India or any other agency recognised by the Central Governm...
Prohibition regarding making, signing of any declaration, statement or documents
1. No person shall make, sign or use or cause to be made, signed or used any declaration, statement or document for the purposes of obtaining a licence o...
Power to enter premises and inspect, search and seize goods, documents, things and conveyances
1. Any person authorised by the Central Government under sub-section (1) of section 10 (hereinafter called the authorised person) may, at any reasonable ...
1. The adjudicating authority may determine the amount of settlement to be paid by the person to whom a notice has been issued and who has opted for sett...
Confiscation and redemption
1. Any imported goods or materials in respect of which-a. any condition of the licence, or letter of authority under which they were imported, relati...
Confiscation of conveyance
1. Any conveyance or animal which has been; is being, or is attempted to be used, for the transport of any goods or materials that are imported and which...
(See rule 5)The following fee shall be leviable in respect of the application for an import licence etc.SCALE OF FEE1.Where the value of goods specified in ...