Short title and extent
(1)This Act may be called the Drugs(Control) Act, 1950 (2) It extends to the territories which immediately before the Ist November, 1956 were comprised in P...
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, — (a) “dealer” means a person carrying on, either personally or through any other person, the busin...
Drugs to which this Act applies
The Central Government may by notification in official Gazette, declare any drug to be a drug to which this Act applies....
Fixing of maximum prices and maximum quantities which may be held or sold
(1) The Chief Commissioner may, by notification in the official Gazette, fix in respect of any drug — (a) the maximum price or rate which may be charged by ...
Restrictions on sale, etc., where maximum is fixed under Section
No dealer or producer shall — (a) sell, agree to sell, offer for sale or otherwise dispose of, to any person any drug for a price or at a rate exceeding the...
General limitation on quantity which may be possessed at any one time
(1) No person shall have in his possession at any one time a greater quantity of any drug to which this section applies than the quantity necessary for his r...
Duty to declare possession of excess stocks
Any person having in his possession a quantity of any drug exceeding that permitted by or under this Act shall forthwith report the fact to the Chief Commi...
Refusal to sell
No dealer or producer shall, unless previously authorized to do so by the Chief Commissioner, without sufficient cause refuse to sell to any person any drug ...
Cash memorandum to be given of certain sales
(1) Every dealer or producer when selling any drug for cash shall, if the amount of the purchase in five rupees or more, in all cases, and, if the amount of ...
Marking of prices and exhibiting list of prices and stocks
(1) The Chief Commissioner may direct dealers or producers in general, or any dealer or producer in particular to mark any drug exposed or intended for sale ...
Obligation to state price separately on composite offer
Where a dealer or producer makes an offer to enter into a transaction for a consideration to be given as whole in respect both of a sale of any drug and of s...
Prohibition or regulation of the disposal of drugs
If in the opinion of the Chief Commissioner it is necessary or expedient so to do, he may be order in writing (a) prohibit the disposal of any drug except ...
(1) Whoever contravenes any of the provisions of this Act or fails to comply with any direction made under authority conferred by this Act shall be punishabl...
Offences by corporations
Where a person committing an offence punishable under this Act is a company or an association or a body of persons, whether incorporated or not, every direct...
(1) No person other than a police officer of or above the rank of an Inspector of Police or an officer not below the rank of an Inspector of Police authorize...
Powers of search and seizure
Any person competent to investigate any offence under this Act may search any place in which he has reason to believe that an offence under this Act has been...
Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act. (2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of forgoing power...
Protection of action in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person for anything in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act....
Saving of other laws
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, any other law for the time being inforce regulating any of the matters dealt wit...
|20||[* * * Repealed]|