Preamble. An Act to provide for the readjustment of the allocation of seats in the House of the People to the States, the total number of seats in the Legisla...
1. Short title.- This Act may be called the Delimitation Act, 2002...
2. Definitions.- In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-a. "article" means an article of the Constitution;b. "associate member" means a...
Constitution of Delimitation Commission
3. Constitution of Delimitation Commission.- As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, the Central Government shall constitute a Commission to be...
Duties of the Commission
4. Duties of the Commission.- 1. The readjustment made, on the basis of the census figures as ascertained at the census held in the year 1971 by the Del...
5. Associate members.- 1. The Commission shall associate with itself for the purpose of assisting it in its duties in respect of each State, ten persons...
6. Casual vacancies.- If the office of the Chairperson or of a member or of an associate member falls vacant owing to his death or resignation, it shall be fi...
Procedure and powers of the Commission
7. Procedure and powers of the Commission.- 1. The Commission shall determine its own procedure and shall, in the performance of its functions, have all...
Readjustment of number of seats
8. Readjustment of number of seats.- The Commission shall, having regard to the provisions of articles 81, 170, 330 and 332, and also, in relation to the Uni...
Delimitation of constituencies
9. Delimitation of constituencies.- 1. The Commission shall, in the manner herein provided, then, distribute the seats in the House of the People alloca...
Publication of orders and their date of operation
10. Publication of orders and their date of operation.- 1. The Commission shall cause each of its orders made under section 8 or section 9 to be publish...
Power to maintain delimitation orders up-to-date
11. Power to maintain delimitation orders up-to-date.- 1. The Election Commission may, from time to time, by notification in the Gazette of India and in...
12. Repeal.- The Delimitation Act, 1972 (76 of 1972.- is hereby repealed....