Short title and commencement
1. Short title and commencement.- 1. These regulations may be called the Consumer Protection Regulations, 2005.2. They shall come into force on the...
2. Definitions.- In these regulations unless the context otherwise requires,-a. "Act" means the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 (68 of 1986);b. "Consum...
Arrangements in Consumer Forum
3. Arrangements in Consumer Forum.1. A Consumer Forum, being not a regular court, shall have the arrangements as to depict it distinct from a court.2. ...
4. Dress code.- 1. The President and members of every Consumer Forum while presiding over the Benches,-a. shall wear simple and sober dress;b. sh...
5. Hearing hours.-Subject to the provisions of the rules, the normal working hours of the Consumer Forum for hearing matters shall be from 10.30 am to 1.00 p....
6. Cause List.-1. Cause list of the Consumer forum for the following entire week shall be made ready before the close of the working hours of the precedi...
Institution of complaints, appeals and revision petitions
7. Institution of complaints, appeals and revision petitions.-1. Where a complaint is filed in District Forum or State Commission it shall be filed in t...
Nomenclature to be given to the complaints, appeals and revisions petitions
8. Nomenclature to be given to the complaints, appeals and revisions petitions.–1. A complaint shall hereinafter be referred to as Consumer Complaint (C....
Scrutiny of complaint, appeal, petition and revision petition
9. Scrutiny of complaint, appeal, petition and revision petition.-1. Every complaint, appeal, or revision petition shall after it is filed be numbered by...
Issue of notice
10. Issue of notice.-1. Whenever the Consumer Forum directs the issuance of a notice in respect of a complaint, appeal or revision petition, as the case ...
11. Adjournment.-1. Every proceeding before a Consumer Forum shall be conducted as expeditiously as possible and as per the requirements of the Act.2. ...
Hearing by Benches
12. Hearing by Benches.-Where a Bench, constituted by the President of the State Commission or the National Commission as provided under section 16 or sectio...
13. Arguments.-1. Arguments should be as brief as possible and to the point at issue.2. Where a party is represented by a counsel, it shall be manda...
14. Limitation.-1. Subject to the provisions of sections 15, 19 and 24A, the period of limitation in the following matters shall be as follows:- ...
15. Review.-1. It shall set out clearly the grounds for review.2. Unless otherwise ordered by the National Commission, an application for review sha...
Appearance of Voluntary Consumer Organisations
16. Appearance of Voluntary Consumer Organisations.- 1. Recognised Consumer Organisations have a right of audience before the Consumer Forum2. An a...
Ex-Parte interim order
17. Ex-Parte interim order.-Any ex-parte interim order issued by the Consumer Forum shall stand vacated after 45 days if in the meanwhile the objections to t...
18. Final order.- 1. An order on the top right hand comer shall show as to when the complaint was filed and the date of the order.2. The cause titl...
Return on institution and disposal of cases
19. Return on institution and disposal of cases.- 1. A Consumer Forum is expected to dispose of at least 75 to 100 matters every month.2. A period...
Preservation of records
20. Preservation of records. – 1. In the case of complaint, the record containing main files with original order sheet shall be preserved for a period f...
21. Certified copy.- 1. A copy of the order is to be given to the parties free of cost as required under the Act and the rules made there under.2. I...
Inspection of records
22. Inspection of records.- Parties or their agents can inspect the records of any matter by filing an application on payment often rupees as fee....
Filing of criminal complaint
23. Filing of criminal complaint.- Wherever a complaint is required to be filed by the Consumer Forum under sub-section (5) of section 13, the Consumer Forum...
24. Practice Directions.- The National Commission shall be entitled to issue practice directions from time to time as may be necessary for the proper conduct...
25. Parcsha Yad-dast.- Where a party appears in person and is illiterate, the Court Master or Bench Clerk shall give to that party the next date of hearing i...
26. Miscellaneous.-1. In all proceedings before the Consumer Forum, endeavor shall be made by the parties and their counsel to avoid the use of provision...