Short Title and Commencement
1. This Act may be called the Coastal Aquaculture Authority Act, 20052. Provisions of section 27 shall come into force at once and the remaining provi...
1. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-a. "Authority" means the Coastal Aquaculture Authority established under sub-section (1) of se...
|Chapter II||General Powers of Central Government|
Powers of Central Government to Take Measures to Protect Environment
The Central Government shall take all such measures as it deems necessary or expedient for regulation of coastal aquaculture by prescribing guidelines, to ens...
|Chapter III||The Coastal Aquaculture Authority|
Establishment of Authority and Appointment of Chairperson and Members
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established f...
Disqualifications for Appointment as Members
A person shall be disqualified for being appointed as a member if he-a. has been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence which, in the opin...
Eligibility of member for reappointment
Subject to sub-section (5) of section 4, any person ceasing to be a member shall be eligible for reappointment as such member for not more than two consecutiv...
Meeting of Authority
1. The Authority shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (i...
Vacancy in Authority not to in validate proceeding
No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalidated merely by reason of- a. any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; or...
Appointments of Officers Consultants and other Employees of Authority
1. For the purposes of discharging its functions, the Authority shall appoint such number of officers and other employees as it may consider necessary on ...
Authentication for orders and other instrument of Authority
All orders, decisions and other instruments of the Authority shall be authenticated under the signature of the Chairperson or any other member or any officer ...
|Chapter IV||Powers and Functions of Authority|
Function of Authority
1. Subject to any guidelines issued by the Central Government under section 3, the Authority shall exercise the following powers and perform the following...
Power to Enter
Subject to any rule made in this behalf, any person generally or specially authorised by the Authority in this behalf, may, wherever it is necessary to do so ...
Registration for Coastal Aquaculture
1. Save as otherwise provided in this section, no person shall carry on, or cause to be carried on, coastal aquaculture in coastal area or traditional coa...
Punishment for carrying on coastal aquaculture without registration
If any person carries on coastal aquaculture or traditional coastal aquaculture or causes the coastal aquaculture or traditional coastal aquaculture to be car...
Cognizance of Offence
No court shall take cognizance of an offence under section 14 without a written complaint filed by an officer of the Authority authorised in this behalf by it...
|Chapter V||Finance, Accounts and Audit|
Payment to Authority
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament, by law, in this behalf, pay to the Authority in each financial year such sums as may b...
Fund of Authority
1. The Authority shall have its own fund and all sums which may, from time to time, be paid to it by the Central Government and all the receipts of the Au...
The Authority shall prepare, in such form and at such time each year as may be prescribed, a budget, in respect of the financial year next ensuing, showing th...
The Authority shall prepare once in every calendar year, in such form and at such time as may be prescribed an annual report giving a true and full account of...
Account and Audit
1. The Authority shall cause to be maintained such books of account and other books in relation to its accounts in such form and in such manner as may, in...
Chairpersons and other members officers and other employees of Authority etc. to be public servants
The Chairperson and other members and the officers and other employees of the Authority and the -authority appointed by the Authority shall be deemed to be pu...
Protection of Action in Good Faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or the Authority or the Chairperson and other members of the Authority...
Power to Remove Difficulties
1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make s...
Power of the central Government to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.2. In particular, and with...
Power of Authority to Make Regulations
1. The Authority may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act and the rules made there ...
Rules and Regulations to be laid before Parliament
Every rule and every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is m session,...
1. Notwithstanding anything contained in clause (v) of sub-section (2) of section 3 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 or clause (d) of sub-rule (3...