This Act may be called the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003....
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- a. "Central Vigilance Commissioner" means the Central Vigilance Commissioner appointed under sub-se...
|Chapter II||The Central Vigilance Commission|
Constitution of Central Vigilance Commission
3. Constitution of Central Vigilance Commission.- 1. There shall be constituted a body to be known as the Central Vigilance Commission to exercise the p...
Appointment of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioners
1. The Central Vigilance Commissioner and the Vigilance Commissioners shall be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal: Provided th...
Terms and other conditions of service of Central Vigilance Commissioner
5. Terms and other conditions of service of Central Vigilance Commissioner.- 1. Subject to the provisions of sub-sections (3) and (4), the Central Vigila...
Removal of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner
6. Removal of Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioner.- 1. Subject to the provisions of sub-section (3), the Central Vigilance Commissi...
Power to make rules by Central Government for staff
The Central Government may, in consultation with the Commission, make rules with respect to the number of members of the staff of the Commission and their con...
|Chapter III||Functions and Powers of the Central Vigilance Commission|
Functions and powers of Central Vigilance Commission
8. Functions and powers of Central Vigilance Commission.- 1. The functions and powers of the Commission shall be toa. exercise superintendence over...
Proceedings of Commission
1. The proceedings of the Commission shall be conducted at its headquarters. 2. The Commission may, by unanimous decision, regulate the procedure fo...
Vigilance Commissioner to act as Central Vigilance Commissioner in certain circumstances
1. In the event of the occurrence of any vacancy in the office of the Central Vigilance Commissioner by reason of his death, resignation or otherwise, th...
Power relating to inquiries
The Commission shall, while conducting any inquiry referred to in clauses (b) and (c) of sub-section (1) of section 8, have all the powers of a civil court tr...
Proceedings before Commission to be judicial proceedings
The Commission shall be deemed to be a civil court for the purposes of section 195 and Chapter XXVI of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974) and ev...
|Chapter IV||Expenses and Annual Report|
Expenses of Commission to be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India
The expenses of the Commission, including any salaries, allowances and pensions payable to or in respect of the Central Vigilance Commissioner, the Vigilance ...
1. It shall be the duty of the Commission to present annually to the President a report as to the work done by the Commission within six months of the cl...
Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Commission, the Central Vigilance Commissioner, any Vigilance Commissioner, the Secretary...
Central Vigilance Commissioner, Vigilance Commissioner and staff to be public servants
The Central Vigilance Commissioner, every Vigilance Commissioner, the Secretary and every staff of the Commission shall be deemed to be a public servant withi...
Report of any inquiry made on reference by Commission to be forwarded to that Commission
1. The report of the inquiry undertaken by any agency on a reference made by the Commission shall be forwarded to the Commission. 2. The Commission...
Power to call for information
The Commission may call for reports, returns and statements from the Central Government or corporations established by or under any Central Act, Government co...
Consultation with Commission in certain matters
The Central Government shall, in making any rules or regulations governing the vigilance or disciplinary matters relating to persons appointed to public servi...
Power to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act. 2. In...
Power to make regulations
1. The Commission may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations not inconsistent w...
Notification, rule, etc., to be laid before Parliament
22. Notification, rule, etc., to be laid before Parliament.- Every notification issued under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 8 and every rule made by...
Power to remove difficulties
1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, not inconsistent with the provisions of...
Provisions relating to existing Vigilance Commission
24. Provisions relating to existing Vigilance Commission.- With effect from the constitution of the Commission under sub-section (1) of section 3, the Central...
Appointments, etc., of officers of Directorate of Enforcement
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999) or any other law for the time being in force,- a. the Centr...
Amendment of Act 25 of 1946.-In the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946
a. after section 1, the following section shall be inserted, namely:- "1A. Interpretation section.-Words and expressions used herein and not defined but ...