Short title and commencement
1. This Act may be called the Central Road Fund Act, 2000. 2. It extends to the whole of India. 3. Save as otherwise provided in this Act, it ...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- a. "appointed day" means the date on which the Fund is established under sub-section (1) of section...
|Chapter II||Central Road Fund|
Levy and collection of cess
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify, there shall be levied and collected, as a ...
Crediting of cess to Consolidated Fund of India
The proceeds of the cess levied under section 3 shall first be credited to the Consolidated Fund of India, and the Central Government may, if Parliament by ap...
Grants and loans by the Central Government
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, credit by way of grants or loans such sums of money as the Centr...
Establishment of Central Road Fund
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established ...
Utilisation of the Fund
The Fund shall be utilised for the i. development and maintenance of national highways; ii. development of the ru...
Accounts and audit
1. The concerned departments of the Central Government shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accou...
|Chapter III||Management of Central Road Fund|
Powers of Central Government to administer the Fund
1. The Central Government shall have the power to administer the Fund and shall- a. take such decisions regarding investment on projects of national ...
Functions of the Central Government
The Central Government shall be responsible for the- i. administration and management of the share of Fund allocated to the development and ma...
Administration of States' share of the Fund
1. The share of the Fund to be spent on development and maintenance of roads, other than national highways, as specified under sub-clause (b) of clause (...
Power to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act. 2. In particular and ...
Rules made under this Act to be laid before Parliament
Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period ...
Provisions relating to existing Central road Fund
With effect from the appointed day the Central Road Fund governed by the Parliamentary Resolution dated the 13th May, 1988 (hereafter referred to in this sect...
Repeal and saving
1. The Central Road Fund Ordinance, 2000 (Ord. 5 of 2000) is hereby repealed. 2. Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken unde...