Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995. (2) It extends to the whole of India. (3) It shall be deemed to have come in...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- (a) "cable operator' means any person who provides cable service through a cable television network or o...
|Chapter II||Regulation Of Cable Television Network|
Cable television network not to be operated except after registration
No person shall operate a cable television network unless he is registered as a cable operator under this Act: that a person operating a cable television net...
Registration as cable operator
(1) Any person who is operating or is desirous of operating a cable television network may apply for registration as a cable operator to the registering auth...
No person shall transmit or re-transmit through a cable service any programme unless such programme is in conformity with the prescribed programme code: that...
No person shall transmit or re-transmit through a cable service any advertisement unless such advertisement is in conformity with the prescribed advertisement...
Maintenance of register
Every cable operator shall maintain a register in the prescribed form indicating therein in brief the programmes transmitted or re-transmitted through the cab...
Compulsory transmission of two Doordarshan channels
(1) Every cable operator using a dish antenna or Television Receiver only shall, from the commencement of this Act, re-transmit at least two Doordarshan chan...
Use of standard equipment in cable Television network
No cable operator shall, on and from the date of the expiry of a period of three years from the date of the establishment and publication of the Indian Standa...
Cable Television network not to interfere with any telecommunication system.
Every cable operator shall ensure that the cable Television network being operated by him does not interfere, in any way, with the functioning of the authoris...
|Chapter III||Seizure And Confiscation Of Certain Equipment|
Power to seize equipment used for operating the cable television network
(1) If any officer, not below the rank of a Group 'A' officer of the Central Government authorised in this behalf by the Government (hereinafter referred to ...
The equipment seized under sub-section (1) of section 11 shall be liable to confiscation unless the cable operator from whom the equipment has been seized re...
Seizure or confiscation of equipment not to interfere with the other punishment
No seizure or confiscation of equipment referred to in section 11 of section 12 shall prevent the infliction of any punishment to which the person affected t...
Giving of opportunity to the cable operator of seized equipment
(1) No order adjudicating confiscation of the equipment referred to in section 12 shall be made unless the cable operator has been given a notice in writing ...
(1) Any person aggrieved by any decision of the court adjudicating a confiscation of the equipment may prefer an appeal to the court to which an appeal lies f...
|Chapter IV||Offences And Penalties|
Punishment for contravention of provisions of this Act
Whoever contravenes any of the provisions of this Act shall be punishable,- (a) for the first offence, with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two y...
Offences by companies
(1)Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who, at the time the offence was committed, was incharge of and was responsib...
Cognizance of offences
No court shall take cognizance of any offence punishable under this Act except upon a compliant in writing made by such officer, not below the rank of a Group...
Power to prohibit transmission of certain programmes in public interest
Where an officer, not below the rank of a Group 'A' officer of the Central Government authorised by the State Government in this behalf, thinks it necessary o...
Power to prohibit operation of cable television network in public interest
Where the Central Government thinks it necessary or expedient so to do in public interest, it may prohibit the operation of any cable television network in su...
Application of other laws not barred
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 (23 of 1940), the Pharmacy Act, 1948 (8 of 194...
Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Officer Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act. (2) In particulars, and without p...
Repeal and saving
(1) The Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Ordinance, 1995 (3 of 1995) is hereby repealed. (2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action t...