(ACT XVIII OF 1891) (1ST October, 1891.) An Act to amend Law of Evidence with respect to Bankers' Books. Whereas, it is expedient to amend the Law of Eviden...
Title and extent
(1) This Act may be called THE BABKER'S BOOKS EVIDENCE ACT, 1891. (2) It extends to the whole of India [except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.] ...
In this Act, unless there is something repugnant in the subject or context,- [(1) "company" means any company as defined in Section 3 of the Companies Act,195...
Powers to extend provision of Act
– The State Government may from time to time, by notification in the Official Gazette, extend the provisions of this Act to the books of any partnership or i...
Mode of proof of entries in Banker's books
– Subject to the provisions of this Act, a certified copy of any entry in a Banker's book shall in all legal proceedings be received as prima facie evidence o...
Case in which officer of Bank not comparable to produce books
– No officer of a bank shall in any legal proceeding to which the bank is not a party be comparable to produce any baker's book the contents of which can be ...
Inspection of books by order of Court of Judge
(1) On the application of any party to a legal proceeding the Court or a Judge may order that such party be at liberty to inspect and take copies of any entri...
(1) The costs of any application to the Court or a Judge under or for the purposes of this Act and the costs of anything done or to be done under an Order of...