Short title, extent, application and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Anti-Hijacking Act, 1982. (2) It extends to the whole of India and, save as otherwise provided in this Act, it applies also to an...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- (a) "aircraft" means any aircraft, whether or not registered in India, other than a military aircraft or ...
|Chapter II||Hijacking And Connected Offences|
(1) Whoever on board an aircraft in flight, unlawfully, by force or threat of force or by any other form of intimidation, seizes or exercises control of that ...
Punishment for hijacking
Whoever commits the offence of hijacking shall be punished with imprisonment for life and shall also be liable to fine....
Punishment for acts of violence
connected with hijacking whoever, being a person committing the offence of hijacking of an aircraft, commits, in connection with such offence, any act of viol...
Conferment of powers of investigation, etc.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), for the purposes of this Act, the Central Government may, by noti...
(1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), where an offence under section 4 or section 5 is committed outside India, the person committing such offence...
(1) For the purpose of providing for speedy trial, the State Government shall, with the concurrence of the Chief Justice of the High Court, by notification in...
Offences triable by Designated Court
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973,- (a) all offences under this Act shall be triable only by the Designated Court...
Application of Code to proceedings before a Designated Court
Save as otherwise provided in this Act, the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974) shall apply to the proceedings before a Designated ...
Provisions as to extradition
(1) The offences under section 4 and section 5 shall be deemed to have been included as extraditable offences and provided for in all the extradition treatie...
Provision as to bail
(1) Notwithstanding anything in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974) no person accused of an offence punishable under this Act shall, if in custo...
Contracting Parties to Convention
The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, certify as to who are the contracting parties to the Hague Convention and to what extent ...
Power to treat certain aircraft to be registered in Convention countries
If the Central Government is satisfied that the requirements of Article 5 of the Hague Convention have been satisfied in relation to any aircraft, it may, by ...
Previous sanction necessary for prosecution
No prosecution for an offence under this Act shall be instituted except with the previous sanction of the Central Government....
Presumptions as to offences under sections 4 and 5
In a prosecution for an offence under section 4 or section 5 if it is proved- (a) that the arms, ammunition or explosives were recovered from the possession o...
Protection of action taken in good faith
(1) No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance o...