What is a FSSAI License Number?
Every food business operator has to apply for FSSAI license in India, after FSSAI registration the Food business is provided with a 14 digit license number which has to be showcased in the premise
The 14-digits of the FSSAI license number have been essentially divided into 5 sections and each section helps us to understand the details. Below mentioned are the five different sections of the FSSAI license number and its details:
- Section 1 First digit indicates the status of whether the food business is registered or not.
- Section 2 The second and the third digit indicates the state code which means the state where the business is registered.
- Section 3 The fourth and fifth number will talk about the year in which the food business is registered.
- Section 4 The sixth, seventh and eight number will help you to understand the quantity of enrolling master
- Section 5 Ninth to Fourteen is the Makers license number.
Guidelines Related to FSSAI License Number
- The 14-digit license number of the FBO must be printed on the food products.
- The text style shading and color of the FSSAI logo should be contrasted enough to the background color of the food product packaging, so the logo and license number are visible.
- The proportion of the letters, digits, and alphabets should be measured as per the Food Safety and Standard Regulations.
- Showing the FSSAI logo also the license number on the food products explains that the Food business operator has an authentic license by the Food Safety and Standard Act.
- You just have to print the FSSAI logo and license number on the product.
How To Check FSSAI License Number
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.Food Business Operator must be registered.
- -> If Food Business Operator is operating in more than 1 state, one additional Central License for Head Office is necessary.
- -> Importers are allowed to take one single central license at their Import Export Code address.
- -> One presumption with various types of businesses is eligible for one registration only.
- -> Food Business Operator must obey the rules and conditions of registration.
Do I need to apply for an FSSAI license, if I am planning to sell some homemade stuff online on a very small scale?
Yes you need to have a FSSAI registration only if your business is on small scale and turnover is between 0-12 lakh.
FSSAI registration Procedure?
- 3 Easy Steps.
- Step 1.
- 1. Consultation and Documentation.
- Our FSSAI expert help you with type of Registration, eligibility and Documentation.-> 1 to 2 days.
- Step 2.
- 2.Application Filing and Approval.
- You sit back and Concentrate on your business. We will work hard on your application and will be Registration ASAP. ->3 To 4 days.
- Step 3.
- 3. LICENSE DELIVERY Digital and Hard Copy of License is Delivered to your workplace. ->5 to 7 days.
What is FSSAI?
On August 23, 2006 all the food safety related acts came under one Food Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) which has the supreme authority related to the food like manufacturing, processing, packing, transportation and its distribution. It has become mandatory to possess a food license for everyone who are in the chain which requires the food handling at any stage. License or registration with FSSAI is necessary for everyone who is doing a food business. Whether a FBO requires a License or registration depends upon the factors like capacity of production, handling nature of food business activities and area of operation.
We have units in multiple states. Which type of license should I get?
I want to renew my license. How is it done?
Why you should get FSSAI license?
- 1.There is a high degree of consumer confidence in safety & quality of food.
- 2.It helps to promote innovation in foods products
- 3.It helps in removal of multiple regulations.
- 4.It facilitates trade without compromising consumer safety & a larger share.
What is FSSAI all about?
- 1.Decentralization of licensing for food products.
- 2.Simple and easy issue of license with time frame of 1 month.
- 3.There is no license for small FBO’s, only registration is mandatory.
- 4.This act assures safety of consumer and ensures full compensation to victim in case of injury or death.
What is FSSA, 2006 & why this Act is needed?
Food Safety and Security Act of 2006 is an Act and FSSAI has been established under the that sets standards for food products based on science and regulates their production, storage, distribution, sales and imports. Its main motive was to maintain the a particular standard of the food quality and to curb the adulteration and substandard quality of food.