The important documents required for registration of trademark in India are:
- The name, address and nationality of the applicant. If the applicant is a partnership firm, the names of all the partners. Also, mention whether any minor is a partner.
- If the applicant is a company, the country or state of incorporation.
- A list of goods and/or services for which registration is required.
- Soft copy of the trademark to be registered.
- If the mark contains or consists of non-English words, a translation of those words into English is required.
- If the application is to claim priority from an earlier filed convention application, details of that application are also required (application number, filing date, country and goods/services). A certified priority document or its duly notarized copy is to be submitted. A copy of the priority document can be submitted within 1 month from the filing date of the application.
- Date of first use of the trademark in India, if at all used
- Power of attorney simply signed by the applicant (no legalization or notarization is required). For Indian clients, power of attorney to be executed in 100 Rs. stamp paper and signed by the applicant.