The forum where you should file your case depends on the kind of action you wish to take.

  • NCLT: You can file a case under NCLT where the debtor is a corporation undergoing liquidation and your debts are not cleared by them.

  • DRT: Any debt can be recovered by filing a case in the Debt Recovery Tribunal of appropriate jurisdiction

  • Civil Court: A summary suit under Order 37 of Code of Civil Procedure can be filed for recovery of money due to the borrower with the help of best debt recovery lawyers in India. Summary suit is generally disposed off in a very short span of time discharging the debts and claims.

  • Criminal Court: A suit can be filed under S/406 or S/420 of Indian Penal Code , for cheating or misappropriation of money in a Court of competent jurisdiction to ensure that the debts are discharged.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!