A petition for divorce by mutual consent can be filed at either of the following places:

  • The place where the marriage ceremony was conducted;

  • The place where the husband and wife last resided together;

  • The place where the wife resides currently.

The place of filing the petition is important as it determines the jurisdiction of the Court. It is advised to consult experienced divorce lawyers when determining questions of jurisdiction as to where to file a petition.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!