The other party is left helpless when the petition for uncontested divorce is withdrawn by one party. The only remedy available is to file a petition for a normal divorce which can be contested in a Court of law on any of the other grounds (like cruelty, desertion, conversion, renunciation) except mutual consent.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!