Divorce by mutual consent is final and binding and thus cannot be challenged in any Court. The basis of such divorce is mutual consent and since both parties consented to the divorce, they cannot challenge the decision. The decree can only be challenged if the consent to mutual divorce was obtained by force, fraud, coercion or undue influence.

The same is a very difficult task as the Court provides for a cooling-off period and if no objection was raised then, the validity of such objection after passing off decree requires a heavy degree of proof. Challenging the decree can only be on these grounds with the help of a good divorce attorney.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!