Under Consumer Protection Act, 1986 a complainant can be:

  • Any consumer;

  • Voluntary consumer association;

  • Central Government or State Government;

  • One or more than one consumers, where there exist many consumers;

  • In cases of death of consumer, his legal heir or representative.

The complainant can file a case with the help of a consumer protection lawyer in case of violation of his rights.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!