An aggrieved home buyer has a right to either approach the Adjudicatory Authority under RERA or the appropriate authority under the Consumer Protection Act. If the amount of claim exceeds Rs. 1 crore, the complainant can file a case with NCDRC thus ensuring speedy disposal of cases. The Act is applicable to them as the builders or promoters of any property project are considered to be providing “services”.

Acts or omissions for which the complaint can be lodged under the Act are delay in delivery of possession, defective and faulty construction, diversion of funds collected for a particular project or poor-quality standard of the project.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!