No, you cannot file a case for cheque bounce on ground of lapse of validity of cheque . It is your fault if you fail to present a cheque to be cashed within 3 months of its validity. Default on your part does not give rise to a cause of action in dishonour of cheque. A cheque that has never been presented to the bank cannot be dishonoured. You may request the drawer to issue a fresh cheque if your failure to present it is reasonable. However, there exists no legal right to demand a fresh cheque.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!