Yes, there can be both civil and criminal proceedings against you in a cheque bounce case. Civil proceedings can be instituted either under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act or as a summary suit on lapse of the 30 day period.

Criminal proceedings can be instituted under S/420 of IPC(Indian Penal Code) within 3 years from the date of issue of cheque. It is advisable that you consult an expert cheque bounce lawyer or a criminal litigation lawyer in India to defend your case.

You might like reading these

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!