STEP 2 : As with almost all police cases, the complainant will have to provide the following papers and documents at the time of filing the complaint.
In case of hacking of servers, the following information is required-
- Server Logs
- A copy of the defaced web page in soft copy as well as hard copy format, if victim’s website is defaced If data are compromised on the victim’s server or computer or any other network equipment, soft copy of original data and soft copy of compromised data.
- Access control mechanism details i.e.- Who had the access to the computer or email of the victim?
- List of suspects if the victim is having any suspicion on anyone.
- All relevant information leading to the answers to following questions.
- What is compromised?
- Who might have compromised the system?
- When was the system compromised?
- Why might have been the system compromised?
- Where is the impact of the attack-identifying the target system from the network?
- How many systems have been compromised by the attack?
In case of e-mail abuse, vulgar e-mail, etc .
The following information should be provided:
- The extended headers of offending e-mail and
- The offending e-mail from
If you are a victim of e-mail abuse, vulgar e-mail etc. the following information is required:
- Extract the extended headers of offending e-mail.
- Soft copy as well as hard copy of the offending e-mail.
- The offending e-mail from your e-mail box.
- The copy of offending e-mail on your computer’s hard drive.
If you are a victim of identity theft (like a fake profile on social media) then all the evidence must be collected against the impersonator and a formal complaint must be filed attaching all the details. The best cyber crime advocates in India can help in filing a cyber complaint in India.
If you have been duped by a company online then the following information is required to be mentioned:
- Details of the product purchased
- Date and amount of purchase
- Website name, company name and the contact details of the company
- Details of how you were duped (if you were offered any job then details of such job)
- Details of other people complaining about the same can also be attached
- And any other important information.
Legistify connects you with the best lawyers in India and top Chartered Accountants in India with simple telephonic conversation or email. Call us at 011-33138123 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.