When it is time to hire a lawyer, the process of discovering and hiring the right lawyer may seem quite intimidating. How do you decide which one is a smart pick: a friend’s referral or deciding from all those advertisements? Well, here are a few factors listed that you must consider before finally hiring a lawyer in India.
The following are 6 quick pointers to always keep in mind while hiring a lawyer for any legal issue-
- QUALIFICATION : Always choose a good lawyer in India who has an area of practice to which your legal issue belongs because you are hiring them for their expertise in that specific area. Most lawyers have a focused practice in one or a few related areas of the law.
- COMMUNICATION AND TRUST: One of the most important factors is that you have a decent comfort level with the lawyer after speaking with him or her and that the communication should be effective. The lawyer must be honest and open about your case and the challenges that may arise. It takes mutual cooperation and teamwork to be a successful endeavour.
- GOOD EXPERIENCE: Experienced lawyers understand what it takes to win. The more complex or serious your case is, the more experience you want your lawyer to have. An experienced lawyer in India will know how to deal, negotiate and will have strong relationships within the legal industry. Also, remember that a lawyer’s experience should be relevant to your legal issue.
- COST : Before hiring the best lawyers in India , always ask how he or she charges the fee: hourly, flat fee or contingency. Also, ask the lawyer about the total estimated cost and additional costs that you will incur. An experienced lawyer may be efficient, quick and would charge a lower total cost.
- GOOD STAFF: Do you speak to the lawyer directly or are stuck with a run around among the staff? This clearly indicates what you are going to experience in future. Also, a lot of work goes into collecting information and materials that could support your claim. Most lawyers rely on their staff for all the background work that a case will require. Look out for if the staff is competent and helpful.
- ?????? RECOMMENDATION : Do not hire a lawyer solely based on the recommendation of friends. Search on the internet and find a lawyer according to your personality. Read about their experience, reviews, expertise and qualification. Looking for an affordable lawyer for your legal requirement?
Legistify connects you with the best lawyers in India and top Chartered Accountants in India with simple telephonic conversation or email. Call us at 011-33138123 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Read Our Blogs on Similar Topics