The process of signing in on flipkart is easy and can be started from the Flipkart Seller Homepage.
- Email address
- Pickup address/business address
- Phone number
- Categories of products to be sold
- Business registration documents
- Tax registration documents
The requisites for the different type of business entities differ from one another to an extent to sell on Flipkart:
- Selling on Flipkart as a sole proprietorship or as One Person Company : A sole proprietorship company does not offer limited liability protection to its promoters, it is not easily transferable, does not have investors or partners, not very scalable and has limited capacity to obtain loans. Hence it is advisable to not become a seller in flipkart being a sole proprietor entity.
- Selling on Flipkart as Private Limited Company : Being a private limited company is the preferable method of selling on Flipkart as it provides limited liability protection to promoters, separate legal entity, easy transferability and ability to take on investors or partners and scale up operations.
- Selling on Flipkart as an LLP or Partnership : A Flipkart seller can also be a partnership firm but Limited Liability Partnership is preferred as it provides limited liability protection and easy transferability, separate legal entity and other documents to become a Flipkart seller.
- Selling on Flipkart as a trust of foundation : Trust and Foundations can also become a seller on Flipkart. Documents similar to the above documents must be provided in the name of a trust or foundation to establish a legal identity and address of the trust/foundation.
On registering a suitable business entity, tax registrations must be complied with, the following-
Tax registration and bank account details must be required:
- Business name
- PAN: PAN card of an individual or private limited company or a partnership.
- TIN: a TIN number is also known as VAT number/ Sales tax number/ CST number in the name of the business.
- TAN: a Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) is required for tax reduction at source (TDS)- in the name of the business.
- Bank account name
- Bank account number
- Bank IFSC Code
Once the promoters of the business have provided the above information, documents and registrations, the business can commence selling its products on Flipkart. The business can set up the storefront and list product to sell on Flipkart.
If we talk about other e-commerce sites then to get associated with Snapdeal, you just need to visit the Snapdeal website and click on the "Sell on Snapdeal" tab available at the top right corner. Or either, you can give a missed call to their Toll-Free number of Business Development team -1800-200-3988. They will approach you and help you with the On-Boarding process.
Sellers need to pay Marketing Fee (depending on the category of the product). Snapdeal has partnered with 90% of leading Courier Companies. These courier partners pick the parcels from sellers and deliver them to a customer.
Legistify connects you with the best lawyers in India and top Chartered Accountants in India with simple telephonic conversation or email. Call us at 011-33138123 or send us an email at email@example.com to get started.