Benefits of IPR Licensing
- Sharing Risk: Where a licensor licenses the right to manufacture and sell products, the licensor receives revenues from that licensing but does not take the risk of manufacturing, promoting and selling those products. On the other hand, the licensee has the right to use the IP without the expense and risk of the research and the costs of developing the product.
- Revenue Generation: An owner of IP may commercialize the IP itself and may obtain additional income by licensing the IP to someone else to commercialize it in a different field.
- Increasing Market Penetration: An owner of IP may license another business to sell in territories that the owner cannot cover.
- Reducing Costs: A business may ‘buy-in’ innovation to reduce its research and development costs.
- Saving Time: A business may get its products or services to market more quickly by acquiring a license to use existing IP, instead of re-inventing the wheel (sometimes referred to as an “engineering workaround”).
- Accessing Expertise: By taking a license, a business may tap into expertise that it does not have in-house.
- Obtaining Competitive Advantage: By acquiring a license to use IP, a business may obtain an advantage over its competitors.
- Collaboration: Businesses may want to work together to develop new products and services.
Legistify connects you with the best lawyers in India and top Chartered Accountants in India with simple telephonic conversation or email. Call us at 846-883-3013 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.