Here are a few pointers that will help you understand this better.
- Any person, claiming to be the proprietor of a trademark used or proposed to be used by him, may apply in writing in prescribed manner for registration.
- The application should contain the trademark, the goods/services, name and address of applicant and agent (if any) with power of attorney, the period of use of the mark.
- The application should be in English or Hindi. It should be filed at the appropriate office.
- The applications can be submitted personally at the Front Office Counter of the respective office or can be sent by post.
- These can also be filed on line through the e-filing gateway available at the official website.