Filing Complaint Under Bigamy

Where To File Complaint Under Bigamy Law-section 494?
Posted 1 year ago  | 
Criminal Defense,Family Law
Criminal Defense Family Law

1 Answer(s)

Vishal Kumar Thakur

The person aggrieved can file a case of bigamy either in court or at the police station. The father of an aggrieved wife can also make a complaint under section 494/495 of the Indian Penal Code. A petition for declaring the second marriage as void can be filed by the parties of second marriage and not the first spouse.

Get Advice From Top Experts In India