Tax Evasion
What should be done in case of tax evasion by a hospital?
I am working in a private hospital and TDS has been deducted from my salary. However, the management has neither credited the tax to the I-T department nor has it issued my form 16A. What should I do?
By  Anonymous  |  11 Apr 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Deepika Gill

You can view your tax credit on form 26AS on the I-T department's website before taking any step. If the tax has been deducted and not deposited, then first send a letter, through registered post, to the hospital to file a "correction statement" at the earliest. In case no action is taken by the hospital, write to the I-T department.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment