Sale of goods
What can be done in case someone overpays his sales tax returns?
I made a mistake on my last return that resulted in my sending in too much sales tax. May I deduct my overpayment on the credit line of my next return?
By  Anonymous  |  11 Apr 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Deepika Gill

No. You must file an amended return. The Department will review the amended return and will issue you a cash refund (if you request) or a credit memo if an overpayment for the prior period is approved. If you are mailed a credit memo, you may deduct that amount from the next sales tax return you file. You should attach a copy of the credit memo to the return.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement