Registered fir against my branch head for harassment at work place

I raised a complaint against my branch head for molestation and harassment but company doesn't allow me to come in the office and no further proceedings doing I couldn't understand totally Amit Dewan is going out of India and after that he will join the office ,I already told to my company hr committee about all the matter but no conclusion comes after that things going worst in office and now who is suffering me and my job I have no idea whether I should go to office I should resign or they will terminate me what will happen .and what is favourable or not for me?

By  Anonymous  |  12 Aug 2016  |  Upvotes: 1  | 

1 Answer(s)

Rashi Gahlaut

From what you have described, your company is unlawfully restraining or denying your entry to your based on the fact that you have filed a complaint against the branch head. It is not clear whether you have filed this complaint with the police or the sexual harassment cell/board of the company. Please clarify that. 

Further, pursuant to the enactment of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, all companies/offices are required to establish an internal sexual harassment cell and prevent any untoward incident against any female employee. The action of your office in denying you entry in the office is clearly against this act. Even otherwise, your company cannot restrain you from entering the office and discharging your duties unless you have been served with a notice of suspension or something on the similar lines. 

Upvotes: 1  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment