Legal Action Against Cruelty By Wife

My wife writes false letters to my superior officers and says that I am having another wife somewhere else. She also does not treat my parents or gives any respect when they come to live in my house. Can I have divorce on such instances?
Posted 1 year ago  | 
Divorce & Alimony,Family Law
Divorce & Alimony Family Law

1 Answer(s)


Wife writing defamatory letters imputing adultery to husband, to his official superior, other authorities and colleagues, wife eroding the mental peace of husband by showing callous indifference to husband’s parents who were very unwelcome guests to her household. This is cruelty on the part of the wife and you can seek divorce on these grounds under the Hindu Marriage Act, if the marriage is performed according to Hindu rites.

Get Advice From Top Experts In India