Relief Against Insufficient Amount Of Maintenance

When my husband and I were together, we holidayed abroad twice a year, had nice cars and generally enjoyed a good lifestyle. Now we’ve split up, my husband pays me just enough to cover the mortgage and utility bills. He says this is all I’m entitled to. Is he right?
Posted 2 years ago  | 
Divorce & Alimony,Family Law
Divorce & Alimony Family Law

1 Answer(s)

Tushar Bhargava

Probably not, but as stated above it really depends on your individual circumstances. You say you enjoyed a good standard of living when you were living together. Perhaps this is something you came to expect over a number of years. Maybe your husband was the primary breadwinner and you stayed at home to take care of domestic duties. If so, the court will likely say your husband needs to provide a lot more support than just paying the mortgage and gas/electric/water bills. As a first step, consult a solicitor and discuss applying for ancillary relief.

Get Advice From Top Experts In India