Query On Marriage Law

Does the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs provide Legal and Financial Assistance to Indian Women Deserted by their Overseas Indian-Spouses?
Posted 10 months ago  |    0  | 
Family Law
Family Law

1 Answer(s)

Tushar Bhargava
  • Yes. The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs operates a scheme for giving legal/financial assistance to Indian women deserted by their overseas Indian/foreigner husbands through NGOs empanelled and legal organisations with Embassy / Consulate.
  • Such assistance under MOIA’s scheme is provided through Embassy / Consulate in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore and the Gulf countries such as Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, KSA and UAE.
  • The amount of assistance provided per case under the scheme to deserted Indian women is upto USD 3,000 in developed countries and USD 2,000 in developing countries. Please contact the Welfare Officer or the Indian Community Officer of the concerned Indian Embassy/ Consulate for further details.

Top Family Law Lawyers In India

Have an urgent need? Talk to a lawyer directly.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.