My friend's father is in an adultery relationship. How to proceed legally?
Father living in a adulterous relationship. What action can we take?
By  Anonymous  |  15 Apr 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Rashi Gahlaut

You can file a complaint against your mother in law and sister in law in the women cell and file case under section 498A of IPC which deals with cruelty by inlaws - which includes mental and physical cruelty.As you are an adult you are not entitled to take any action against your father whereas your mother can file for bigamy under the indian penal code and also file for divorce on grounds of adultery.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement