Legally adopted. How can I change my name in documents?
I was legally adopted when I was 3 years old by my biological father's unmarried sister. Adoption deed is legal & registered.I also have a pension account under her name. She died when I was 7. My biological father is my legal guardian. My school and college records have my biological parents name and also in all the other documents such as pan card, voters id, drivers license, aadhaar card. I have applied for passport. Advice me what should I do? All the documents have my biological parents name. Do I need to change all the documents in her name? Can I now change the documents especially passport?
By  Ridhima  |  02 Mar 2016  |  Upvotes: 1  | 

1 Answer(s)

Ravindra Purohit
Since you were adopted by your aunt, so you will have to change the name of your aunt in all your legal documents.
Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement