Child support,Marriage law
In India are there Child Support laws for parents that were never married?
The man is already married to one woman and he cheated on her with a 16 year old girl who is pregnant by him. Are there any Child Support Laws for a case like this?
By  vasudha pasricha  |  29 Apr 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Prateek Kumar

Yes in India there is provision for the financial support for the illegitimate child as well whose parents never married , irrespective of the Religion of the parties. Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code provides that monthly maintenance amount can be claimed from the father by both legitimate as well illegitimate minor child as in this case. Minor Child means the child who has not attained the age of 18years. The court shall order for minor child support keeping in mind the actual income as well capacity of the the father as well the requirement of the minor child for whom the monthly maintenance is being sought. The father even though be married to another woman and not to the mother of the minor child shall not effect the decision of the court for granting such relief to the minor child.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment