How To Get A Domicile Certificate For A Person Born In India And Later Shifted To Another Country For Few Years Then Came Back?

I am a student of 12th standard studying in Mumbai.I was born in Mumbai in 1989 and after 4 years left for Dubai where i completed my 10th grade in a CBSE school in April 06 and then we came back to Mumbai in may.My current status is not of an NRI. I want a domicile certificate for a professional course in engineering.please guide me regarding the matter.i reside in Goregaon, Mumbai.
Posted 11 months ago  |    0  | 
General Legal
General Legal

1 Answer(s)

Rashi Gahlaut

Since you are born at Mumbai, you are deemed to be a domicile of that city in Maharashtra. All you need to do is to apply to the nearest Deputy Commissioner of your area (May be Sub Divisional Magistrate) for the issuance of the Domicile Certificate. You may attach your birth certificate. In case any property belongs to your father, mother or grandparents then also you would be entitled to a domicile certificate. so, a copy of the title document showing ownership of any property at mumbai would do the needful.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.