Maintenance of wife
How to apply for maintenance?
My spouse has left me and is refusing to pay me anything to help with paying the mortgage and the bills. When can I apply for spousal maintenance and how long will it be before I receive it?
By  vasudha pasricha  |  16 Mar 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Tanushree Sharma

After you or your spouse file a divorce petition, you can apply for what is known as ancillary relief and maintenance pending suit (using HM Court Service Form A ). Hopefully filing the application will encourage your spouse to start helping with the mortgage and other bills. If it does not, however, the court will in short time schedule a hearing to decide maintenance pending suit. At the hearing, the court may order your spouse to start paying maintenance immediately. Consult a solicitor as a matter of priority, since this is not an area where a do-it-yourself approach is recommended.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement