Legality Of The Matrimonial Relief By Foreign Court Under Hindu Law

Can a court of a foreign country grant any Decree of divorce or other Matrimonial Relief in respect of The Marriages performed under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1956?
Posted 10 months ago  |    0  | 
Divorce & Alimony,Family Law,International Law
Divorce & Alimony Family Law International Law

1 Answer(s)


The decree of divorce or any other matrimonial relief passed by a foreign court in respect of a marriage performed under the Hindu Marriage Act is not enforceable in India and the courts in India shall not recognize such a decree as valid.

Top Family Law Lawyers In India

Have an urgent need? Talk to a lawyer directly.

Need Free Legal Advice?

Find, consult & hire best advocates in India in a few clicks.

Need Legal Agreements?

Create affidavits, contracts etc. online, within minutes.