documentation,fraud,Marriage law
Law for Seperation incase marriage not registered

My friend married 4 months back, but the guy has lied about his business & financial income. Also has behavioral issues, gets abusive & humiliating. She wants to get separated from him, have already come to her maternal home. But they have yet not registered their marriage. Hence now to get separated what sought of documentation needs to be, so that hereafter there is no interference from him in her life & she lives a secured life.

By  Devang Yadav  |  03 May 2016  |  Upvotes: 0  | 

1 Answer(s)

Harshit Bhurani

You have to nullify the marriage through court. Marriage registration is not conclusive proof of marriage. There is no divorce proceeding before one year of marriage. You can also make application under domestic violence act for protection and compensation.

Upvotes: 0  |  Downvotes: 0  |  Comments  | 
Login to comment

Consult A Lawyer
Starting INR 750

Draft Your Own Legal Docs
Starting INR 25

Get Quote For My Requirement