What Action Can Be Taken In A Case Where Retailer Is Giving Lesser Quantity Products

We have been buying Parag milk packet 500 ml from a retailer. The packet though gives only 400ml. What action can we take against the company?
Posted 2 years ago  | 
Consumer Protection
Consumer Protection

1 Answer(s)

Deepika Gill

There is clear case of cheating and you can file a criminal complaint under Section 421 of the Indian Penal Court. Besides filing a Criminal complaint, you can also approach a Consumer Court for this purpose. You must collect adequate evidence before doing the same, i.e.; retain a sealed packet of Parag Milk which indicates the quantity of 500ml but actually weighs 400ml.

Get Advice From Top Experts In India