Clearance Of Amount After Dishonouring Of Cheque

What can I do when a cheque is dishonoured for the reason of insufficient funds. What legal action I can take to get the amount cleared?
Posted 2 years ago  | 
Cheque Bounce
Cheque Bounce

1 Answer(s)

Tanushree Sharma

On the dishonour of a cheque, one can file a suit for recovery of the cheque amount along with the cost & interest under order XXXVII of Code of Civil Procedure 1908 ( which is a summary procedure and) can also file a Criminal Complaint u/s 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act for punishment to the signatory of the cheque for haring committed an offence. However, before filing the said complaint a statutory notice is liable to be given to the other party.

Get Advice From Top Experts In India